Domestic tourism has been one of the past years mega trends, when more and more urban couples have found a new hobby wandering around in the nature. What could be a better place to take a break from dull everyday life and enjoy the peace of nature than bare but beautiful Lapland? Red five reasons why a young couple heads to north for the summer:
- Wandering around in the nature doesn’t mean giving up the comfortable life style. So forget sweaty nights at tent, too thin hiking mattresses and trangia pasta – many Lapland travelers spend an active day at hiking in the nature and then return to the hotel for sauna, clean bathroom and white bed sheets. To enhance the experience, the lunch may be enjoyded in the warmth of Lappish hut but the dinner is ordered in the hotel room and eaten peacefully with a glass of sparkling wine. The modern hiker can combine the best of both worlds and enjoy an active outdoor life with a luxury twist.
- For those who are looking for the silence and peace of nature, Lapland offers plenty of wilderness, peace and space to breath. Lapland’s nature tracks and hiking trails are at their best under the midnight sun, when arctic nature blossoms and colors the ground with spectacular colors.
- Social Media friendly Lapland offers amazing experiences and wonderful Insta worthy content. See Levi’s most Insta worthy locations form the bottom of this article and share your shots on Instagram with #designhotellevi.
- Lapland is not just a place – it’s a whole experience. Finland’s biggest year-around outdoor resort Levi offers comprehensive city-like services and a wide range of outdoor activities. Staying at Design Hotel Levi is also part of the experience, as Nordic architecture, work of art and luxurious accommodation intertwine into one sensational entirety both in hotel corridors and the rooms themselves.
- Midnight sun and the magic of Lapland. Northern summer offers truly magical atmosphere and unique natural phenomena around the clock. Experience an endless summer night in a good company with a partner, friend or a loyal pet – dogs are also welcome to Design Hotel Levi.
Explore Design Hotel Levi’s rooms and suites and book a unique but luxurious nature trip to north! Start vibing your trip beforehand by checking out Levi’s most Insta worthy locations in advance:
Santa’s cottage at Levi
One of the most popular and photographed attractions in the fell of Levi is Santa’s cottage, built as a stage for the popular movie Christmas Story. The cottage is located on the Western Slopes in a stunning scenery.
Peak Trail in Levi
The Peak Trail is a ring route surrounded by the beautiful Lapland landscape. A half-mile long sightseeing trail at the top of Levi meets accessibility requirements.
The Top of Levi
The top of Levi offers magnificent views in many directions. In July, the Pallastunturi is especially memorable sight under the midnight sun.
Life of the Past Trail (18 km)
The Life of the Past Trail is a scenic day route around the fell of Levi. At the end of the route, a magnificent viewpoint opens across Lake Immelijärvi towards Kätkätunturi. Trails English description can be found here.
Kätkätunturi is located right next to the fell of Levi and can be easily reached by the marked day routes. The mountain offers stunning scenery and the best views towards Levi.
Ruoppaköngäs is an unknown place for most people, even though it’s easy to reach especially in snowless weather. The beautiful rock formation and riverbed make the destination unique and worth to visit.
The view from the top of Särkitunturi in the direction of Pallas, has been chosen one of Finland’s official national landscapes and is know as the most beautiful viewpoint in the area. It is easy to identify from the mirror-like mountain pond at the top of the fell.
The gondola lift also offers good views for shooting. At the same time, you can quickly get up to the fell and to the Peak Trail, where the bare but beautiful Lapland scenery opens around you.
Lapland’s summer is full of bright arctic light and wildlife. These moments and feelings are worth capturing on camera roll for the darker days.